Published: Tuesday, 11th September 2018
A new ‘Why Weight?’ programme, delivered by Broadland District Council, starts this month in Hellesdon, aimed at anyone who would like to achieve a healthier lifestyle.
The weekly weight management sessions begin on Monday 24th September and will run for 12 weeks, offering practical advice on food and exercise that focuses on lifestyle changes rather than dieting.
Why Weight? may be the perfect fit for anyone in the district looking for simple ways to stay healthy, who doesn't want to be stuck to a regimented diet. The scheme is ideal if you have a BMI over 25 and are aged over 16. Each group session lasts for one and a half hours, covering a different topic each week.
Cllr Claudette Bannock, member champion for sport at Broadland District Council, said: “The programme enables you to get a better understanding of your relationship with food and it has helped people reach and maintain a healthy weight. Sessions are fun and friendly, and prove that small changes in eating habits can offer big results.”
The programme will include:
- easy techniques to help you to change your lifestyle to lose weight without calorie counting
- friendly group sessions to share ideas and experiences
- learning behaviours to change eating habits
- learning tips and tricks to help you make healthier choices
- information on accessing physical activity
The price per session is £6 or £50 if the 12-weeks are paid for in advance.