On 1 December 2020, the Government announced that wet-led pubs in Tier 2 or 3 will be entitled to an additional payment of £1,000 over the festive period.
The eligibility criteria for this grant:
- The one-off payment will only be made to pubs that when open normally derive less than 50% of their income from food sales.
- For the purposes of this grant, pubs should under normal circumstances be described as:
- open to the general public
- allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed; and
- permit drinks to be purchased at a bar
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are also not eligible for funding under this scheme.
- Businesses must have been trading on 30 November to be eligible for this scheme (even though trading may have been suspended under the National “lockdown” measures).
The definition of a pub excludes venues such as restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, hotels, snack bars, guesthouses, boarding houses, sporting venues, music venues, festival sites, theatres, museums, exhibition halls, cinemas, concert halls and casinos (this list not exhaustive).
The scheme covers the period between 2 December to 29 December 2020 and will be open to applications until 31 January 2021.
If your business meets the above criteria and you wish to submit your claim for this grant, please email your name, address and business rates account reference number to [email protected].