The criteria for phase two of the discretionary Additional Restrictions Grant is as follows:
- If a business is eligible for a grant from the Local Restrictions Support Grant Fund (when periods of National or Local Restrictions are in place), then an application to those funds must be made first.
- If you have already received a Local Restrictions Support Grant you may only apply to this scheme for a top-up payment if you employ 10 or more full-time equivalent employees.
- The income to the business must have been severely impacted by Covid-19 (and suffered a reduction of income of greater than 20% or £40,000). This will be the income after allowing for Covid grants already received and any anticipated business interruption insurance payout.
- The business must have a business base in the Broadland area (this should only be where you live if your business operates from your home address).
- Businesses that have already received an Additional Restrictions Grant under phase one of applications are not eligible to apply again under phase two.
- The business must be live and have been trading on the day that any National or Local Restrictions came into force.
- Grants will not be awarded in respect of property which is unoccupied. Grants will be paid to occupying businesses and not to landlords.
- To qualify for support a business must be a main business that supports at least one person actively working for a minimum of 16 hours per week. If a person has a number of part-time businesses that support that one person, please put in one application in respect of all those part-time businesses.
- These grants will not be available to national retailers or town and parish councils.
- Where a company group or a business proprietor operates more than one business on the same site or from home, we are unlikely to be able to support each business and will determine applications on a case by case basis at our discretion.
- Grants are only available to a business not in administration, not insolvent and not subject to a Striking Off Notice.
Applications are open to qualifying businesses of any size and whether home based or based in business premises, self-employed or employing staff.
Payment of the grant under this scheme is entirely at our discretion, and we reserve the right to refuse, pay or query any application or grant. There shall be no right of appeal against a decision of the Council to pay, or not to pay, a grant from the Additional Restrictions Fund.
We are not setting a closing date for applications initially. We reserve the right to close applications at any time, as soon as remaining funding allocated for this phase nears being fully distributed.
Applicants for the grant will need to check their eligibility against the criteria detailed above and submission of an application does not guarantee a grant award.
Grant award levels will be based on the circumstances of the business as recorded by the information gathered through completion of the webform provided. Evidence may be required to support the application and demonstrate eligibility. We will check Companies House records and bank account details quoted.
Information needed for your application
You will need the following information to hand to complete your application:
- Unique Taxpayer Reference from HMRC
- Company number (if applicable)
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- Self-Assessment Registration Number (if applicable)
- National Insurance Number (if applicable)
- Business Rates account reference (if business address is rated)
- Be prepared to provide evidence of loss of income if required (this can be through profit and loss records/accounts/bank statements)
- Information on the level of your fixed costs (excluding any employee related costs)
- The number of full-time equivalent (FTE) employees your business has
- Total amount of Covid-19 grant awards received previously
- Amount of any anticipated payout under Business Interruption Insurance
- A copy of a bank statement for the business to clearly show your account name, sort code and account number so that we can verify the details to which any grant may be paid
We have prepared FAQs to help answer any questions that you may have about qualifying for the scheme or how to complete the webform. If having read these you still have queries please contact us by email [email protected] or call 01603 980441.