Support for businesses
There are a number of measures that have been announced by Government to support businesses as they face significant disruption as a consequence of coronavirus. We are working hard to ensure you have access to the latest available help and support.
If you have any concerns or need support, please call a member of the Economic Development Team who will be happy to help:
Please call 01603 980441 or email [email protected].
You can also find information and support at The New Anglia Growth Hub. The Growth Hub can be contacted directly on 0300 333 6536. Alternatively, there is more comprehensive guidance on the Government website.
Business Support Survey
Our business survey is now live. Please complete the survey and share vital information that will help us support you in the future and prepare for economic recovery. Complete the survey here.
Business Support Grants - Now available
For support, call 01603 980441, Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00
We have already paid out nearly £25million in Covid-19 Business Support Grants to over 2100 businesses. If you haven't approached us already there is still time to claim. The following two grants are available now:
Local Discretionary Grant Fund
The Government have provided some additional funding for the Council to administer under a Local Discretionary Grant Fund. This fund will mean we will be able to help some of the businesses or other organisations that did not qualify for the Small Business Grant or the Retail, Hospitality & Leisure Grant funding schemes we have been administering.
To see details of the Local Discretionary Grant Fund scheme for click here.
Small Business Grant Fund
Small Business Grant Scheme funding is available to support small businesses that already pay little or no business rates because of small business rate relief (SBBR), or receive rural rate relief (RRR). This is a one-off grant of £10,000 to eligible businesses to help meet their ongoing business costs. You are eligible if:
- you are occupying property with a rateable value of less than £15,000, and
- already receive SBBR and/or RRR, and
- you are not occupying the property solely for your personal use
Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
Providing cash grants of up to £25,000 per property for:
- businesses eligible for the Expanded Retail Discount in sectors below with a rateable value up to and including £15,000, will receive a grant of £10,000.
- businesses eligible for the Expanded Retail Discount in sectors below with a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000, will receive a grant of £25,000
- properties that will benefit from this grant will be occupied premises that are wholly or mainly being used:
- as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- for assembly and leisure
- as hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation
Each of the above are as defined in Government guidance on the Expanded Retail Discount which can be found here.
Business Rate Relief
Business Rate Relief for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business
A rate relief holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England for the 2020 to 2021 tax year is now live.
Businesses within these industries do not need to do anything. Revised bills are now being issued to these businesses to reflect this expanded relief.
Business Rate holiday for Nurseries (childcare facilities)
A relief holiday is also now live for nurseries in England for the 2020 to 2021 tax year.
You are eligible for the business rates holiday where your business property is:
- occupied by providers on Ofsted's Early Years Register
- wholly or mainly used for the provision of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Businesses within these industries do not need to do anything. Revised bills are now being issued to these businesses to reflect this new relief.
One Off Rate Relief
If you are not eligible for either scheme above and are struggling to pay your business rates, please contact the business rates team as soon as possible. They may be able to assist with rescheduling payment dates.
Broadland District Council Rates Team - [email protected]