Forthcoming Norfolk County Council elections - 6 May 2021
Norfolk County Council elections are held every four years to elect 84 County Councillors across 84 electoral divisions across Norfolk. The Broadland District Council area covers 13 electoral divisions.
Elections to Norfolk County Council are scheduled to take place on Thursday 6 May 2021.
Notices for these elections will be published on this page on the dates indicated in the timetable below.
Candidates and agents
Guidance for candidates and agents has been provided by the Electoral Commission.
An online briefing for candidates and agents will take place on Monday 22 March from 4pm to 5pm. If you wish to attend please email your name, contact telephone number and which election you will be either a candidate or agent to Election Services at [email protected]
- Publication of notice of election: Monday 29 March
- Poll cards first issue despatch: Thursday 1 April
- Delivery of nomination papers: between 10am and 4pm on any working day after publication of notice of election and until 4pm on Thursday 8 April
- Deadline for delivery of nomination papers: 4pm on Thursday 8 April
- Publication of statement of persons nominated: not later than 4pm on Friday 9 April
- Deadline for receiving applications to be added to the electoral register: Monday 19 April
- Postal votes first issue despatch: Tuesday 20 April
- Deadline for receiving new postal vote and proxy postal applications, and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes: 5pm on Tuesday 20 April
- Postal votes second issue despatch: Monday 26 April
- Poll cards second issue despatch: Tuesday 27 April
- Deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not proxy postal or emergency proxy): 5pm on Tuesday 27 April
- First time that electors can apply for emergency proxy: after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April
- Publication of notice of poll: no later than Tuesday 27 April
- Deadline for notification of appointment of polling agents, counting agents and sub agents: Wednesday 28 April
- First date that electors can apply for replacement for lost postal votes: Thursday 29 April
- Last time that electors can apply for replacement for last or spoilt postal votes: 5pm on Thursday 6 May
- Deadline for emergency proxy applications: 5pm on Thursday 6 May
- Polling day: 7am to 10pm on Thursday 6 May
Counting of the votes cast will take place at the Arena, Royal Norfolk Show Ground on Friday 7 May and Saturday 8 May 2021.
For further information, contact the Elections Team using the details below.