At a referendum everyone of voting age is asked to vote on a particular proposal.
Neighbourhood Plan referendums are held by parish and town councils to ask their parishioners if they wish Broadland District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area (see more information on Neighbourhood Plans). Neighbourhood Plans only come into force following a referendum.
Referendums for the Neighbourhood Plans for Spixworth and Taverham are scheduled to take place on Thursday 6 May 2021.
Forthcoming Neighbourhood Plan referendums - 6 May 2021
- Spixworth Neighbourhood Plan referendum - view details of the Spixworth Neighbourhood Plan
- Taverham Neighbourhood Plan referendum - view details of the Taverham Neighbourhood Plan
Notices for these referendums will be published on this page on the dates indicated in the timetable below.
- Publish Information Statement: Wednesday 24 March
- Publication of notice of referendum: Monday 29 March
- Poll cards first issue despatch: Thursday 1 April
- Deadline for receiving applications to be added to the electoral register: Monday 19 April
- Postal votes first issue despatch: Tuesday 20 April
- Deadline for receiving new postal vote and proxy postal applications, and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes: 5pm on Tuesday 20 April
- Postal votes second issue despatch: Monday 26 April
- Poll cards second issue despatch: Tuesday 27 April
- Deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not proxy postal or emergency proxy): 5pm on Tuesday 27 April
- First time that electors can apply for emergency proxy: after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April
- Publication of notice of poll: no later than Tuesday 27 April
- First date that electors can apply for replacement for lost postal votes: Thursday 29 April
- Last time that electors can apply for replacement for last or spoilt postal votes: 5pm on Thursday 6 May
- Deadline for emergency proxy applications: 5pm on Thursday 6 May
- Polling day: 7am to 10pm on Thursday 6 May
Counting of the votes cast will take place at the Arena, Royal Norfolk Show Ground on Friday 7 May and Saturday 8 May 2021.
For further information, contact the Elections Team using the details below.