If you would like to be notified of bin collection changes in the future, due to either bank holidays or bad weather, please sign up to email alerts at the bottom of this page. We will only use your information for the purposes you have supplied it for.
We operate a food waste scheme across certain areas of the district. The scheme provides two bins; a small container called a caddy for use inside the home and a larger container used for collections.
To find out whether your property is included on our food waste scheme you can use the bin day collection finder.
The bin day finder will clearly state after your next collection day if you are included in the food waste service at your property
The following can be put in your food waste bin:
- raw food - vegetables, fruit, meat and fish
- cooked food - vegetables, fruit, meat and fish
- meat and fish bones, including turkey carcass
- teabags and coffee grounds
- dairy products - eggshells and cheese
- bread, cakes and pastries
- rice, pasta and beans
- out of date food
- food scrapings from your plate
- animal food - wet and dry cat and dog food
- shredded paper
We cannot accept the following:
- any food packaging - cans, glass, trays, cartons, hard plastic
- liquid foods or drinks - oils, fat, gravies, milk
- animal waste