Your green coloured wheelie bin is for all your general household waste, except the following:
- asbestos and other hazardous waste
- stones or brick rubble
- recyclable material
- DIY material including all wood
- paint, chemicals or oil
- hot ashes - including BBQ ash
- commercial and industrial waste
- poisonous or noxious waste
- clinical waste - a free service is provided for this
- garden waste - a chargeable service is provided for this
- scrap metal
- if we collect food waste in your area, please use your kitchen waste bin for this instead
Any waste that won’t fit in your wheelie bin will not be collected. Please check with your local Household Waste Recycling Centre to see what you can take there for disposal.
If you regularly produce extra waste please contact us using the details below for guidance on how you can reduce this.