When vehicles block a driveway

If a vehicle has parked across a dropped kerb and this prevents you from getting your car/bike off the driveway, then this is an offence of obstruction and you can report it to the Police using the 101 service.

It is not an offence if a vehicle prevents you from driving onto your empty driveway or if one is parked opposite your drive, or close to either side of your drop down kerb.

We advise you to speak directly with the driver of the vehicle to find a solution.  If the parked vehicle belongs to your neighbour and you cannot talk to them directly about your concerns, you might want to download our Dear Neighbour card and post it through their letterbox in the first instance.