Licensing your premises

Apply for a premises licence

You will need to call us if you would like to apply for a premises licence. We can then guide you through the application process and discuss fees payable as well as answer any questions you may have.  An application pack can then be sent to you.

If you intend to sell alcohol you must appoint a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) when you apply for a premises licence, except in the case of certain community premises. A Designated Premises Supervisor must have a personal licence under the Licensing Act 2003.

Once you have spoken to us, we will supply you with an application form to send back to us, together with a cheque for the fee which we will have discussed with you over the phone. The application must also be accompanied by a plan of the premises and DPS consent form.  Cheques should be made payable to Broadland District Council.  You are also required to send a copy of your application to a number of ‘Responsible Authorities’ designated under the Licensing Act 2003.

When your application has been accepted you must display your ‘application notice’ at the premises for full 28 day consultation period.  You are also required to advertise your application in the newspaper within 10 working days starting on the day after the application was accepted. The Licensing Team will confirm to you once your application has been accepted.