Licence for looking after dogs in your own home

If you are paid to look after other people's dogs you will require a home boarding licence, whether the dogs are there overnight or just during the day.

A number of conditions are attached to the licence which relate to the number of animals licensed to board at one time, provision of food and drink, prevention and control of disease and keeping of a register.

Licences run from 1 January to 31 December and need renewing annually.

How to apply

Please download, fill in and send us an application form, together with a cheque for £69.00 made payable to Broadland District Council, to our address below.

When a licence is applied for an officer carries out a home-visit to check suitability. When you have met the conditions and paid the fee, the licence is then issued.