Apply for a licence to keep a wild animal

You need a licence to keep animals which are considered to be wild, dangerous or exotic, including:

  • wild cats
  • primates
  • wild dogs, e.g. wolves
  • certain pigs, e.g. wild boar
  • marsupials

See the full list of animals you need a licence for.

How to apply

Please download, fill in and send us an application form, together with a cheque for £143.00 made payable to Broadland District Council, to our address below.

This licence is valid for a two year period.

Conditions which form part of the licence will vary depending on the type of animal that you are keeping. If you require any advice, please contact us using the details below.