Here at Broadland District Council we take fraud of any kind very seriously. Our Counter Fraud Strategy is designed to ensure public services are provided efficiently, effectively and economically.
The Counter Fraud Report covers:
- the number of occasions we use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Regulations 2014
- the number of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud
- the total amount spent and number of fraud cases investigated
Counter fraud work
These are the latest figures for Broadland (updated March 2017):
- number of occasions we use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers: 0
- total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud: 1
- total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists: 0.6
- total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud: £50,913.72 (before legal costs)
- total number of fraud cases investigated: 179
If you would like to report fraud or to speak to us about a fraud related matter, please contact us using the details below.