Here at Broadland District Council we take fraud of any kind very seriously. Our counter fraud strategy is designed to ensure public services are provided efficiently, effectively and economically.
- the number of occasions we use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Regulations 2014
- the number of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud
- the total amount spent and number of fraud cases investigated
Counter fraud work
These are the latest figures for Broadland (updated March 2017):
- number of occasions we use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers: 1
- total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud: 2
- total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists: 1.6
- total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud: £37,404 (before legal costs)
- total number of fraud cases investigated: 183
If you would like to report fraud or to speak to us about a fraud related matter, please contact us using the details below.