Coronavirus - If you are a resident and need support relating to COVID-19 please call our Help Hub on 01603 430431 — We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits by pre-appointment. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Apply for Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit, or Universal Credit housing costs, but you are still struggling to pay your rent then you can apply for Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP).

These are additional payments on top of your Housing Benefit. They are normally awarded for a limited period and are paid if you can show you need additional help with your housing costs.

Each application will be viewed individually on its own merits.

All applications for Discretionary Housing Payments must be made in writing. You can do this by downloading and completing the Discretionary Housing Payments application form.

Please return it to the Benefits team and provide as much evidence as possible to support the information you put on the form.

If you require any help with this form, please contact the Benefits team using the details below.