Coronavirus - If you are a resident and need support relating to COVID-19 please call our Help Hub on 01603 430431 — We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits by pre-appointment. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

If you can't afford to pay your mortgage

If you're worried it's important to act quickly. The first step is to discuss your worries with your mortgage lender who will be able to go through options available. Ignoring the problem will make it worse and it could result in you losing your home.

You may be able to apply to the Department for Work and Pensions for help with your mortgage interest if you are in receipt of the following income related benefits from them:

  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Universal Credit

You can no longer apply for the Mortgage Rescue Scheme

For further support please contact us using the details below. You can also visit the Shelter and Citizens Advice websites.