Coronavirus - If you are a resident and need support relating to COVID-19 please call our Help Hub on 01603 430431 — We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits by pre-appointment. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Providing or receiving care

If your property is unoccupied because you have vacated to live elsewhere to provide care you may be eligible for an exemption from Council Tax.

You may be eligible to claim an exemption from Council Tax if your main home is left empty as you have gone to live with someone else in order to receive care. 

You must be providing or receiving care due to old age, disablement, past or present alcohol or drug dependence, or past or present mental disorder.

Please contact the Council Tax team to find out more about claiming these exemptions.