Coronavirus - If you are a resident and need support relating to COVID-19 please call our Help Hub on 01603 430431 — We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits by pre-appointment. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Full time students

If all the residents in your home are full time students you may qualify for an exemption from Council Tax.

The definition of a full time student is someone who is enrolled on a full time university or college course lasting at least one academic year, attending at least 24 weeks in that academic year and the course involves at least 21 hours study each week during term time.

If all the residents in your home but one are students a 25% discount can be granted. If there are two people in the household who are not students, no discount can be granted at all.

To apply for the exemption or discount you will need to supply the Council Tax team with a copy of your student exemption certificate provided by your college or university.