Freedom of Information - Business Rates
We receive many FoI requests relating to information on business rates, business rates credits and empty properties. In order to make this information more accessible, we now publish this online on a monthly basis.
Any FoI requests relating to general business rates information will be directed to this page. Please note, due to Data Protection, we do not include the names and billing addresses of individuals (sole traders/partnerships).
Download a list of all business rate accounts, excluding sole traders/individuals.
The information provided includes business name; business address including postcode; billing address; current rateable value; discretionary relief, mandatory relief and local discounts; rate relief amount; relief start date; occupied or empty status; if empty, date; property category/description e.g. shop; date became liable.
Business rates credits
You can download a list of all properties that have any credit balance on their business rates account, excluding sole traders/individuals.
The information provided includes account holder; property address including postcode; address of account holder; current balance; rate year of credit; account start date; account end date. Download the list here.
About what we publish:
- data will be published at the beginning of each month
- we do not publish names and correspondence addresses for individuals (e.g. sole traders and partnerships). This is due to Data Protection, which prevents publication of data which could identify an individual
- the ratepayer may be a leaseholder rather than a property owner. It is not possible to identify owners from our records
- reference and account numbers – these are used to identify ratepayers when they contact us and so are not disclosed
- the billing address is the last known contact address on our records
- we do not use write-ons