Coronavirus - If you are a resident and need support relating to COVID-19 please call our Help Hub on 01603 430431 — We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits by pre-appointment. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Boilers and heating

Having an efficient, working heating system is essential for keeping warm and well in winter. If your heating is not working then the council may be able to assist you.

If you live in a social rented property and your boiler or heating isn't working properly, you will need to contact your housing association to make them aware of the problem. If you are renting privately, you will need to contact your landlord or letting agency.

If you are a homeowner or are responsible for getting your boiler or heating fixed yourself, you may be able to get a grant from us to help with the cost.

Grants may be available to replace a heating system if you are in receipt of certain means-tested benefits:

  • Housing benefit
  • Council tax reduction/support (not where single occupancy discount is the only reduction)
  • Child tax credit
  • Working tax credit
  • Universal credit
  • Income related employment and support allowance
  • Income based job seekers allowance
  • Income support
  • Guaranteed pension credit

Being in receipt of one of the above benefits does not guarantee that you will receive a grant, it is based on an assessment of the property and the heating system. These grants are available as part of the government’s Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme.

Please contact us using the details below to discuss your circumstances with us and make an application.