Coronavirus - If you are a resident and need support relating to COVID-19 please call our Help Hub on 01603 430431 — We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits by pre-appointment. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

If your home doesn't suit your needs

Advice on adaptations to your home

You may be able to have changes done to your home to help you get around if you are elderly or disabled. This could be anything from level access showers to hand rails.

The kinds of adaptations you can get depend on your circumstances. If you rent your home, you will need to contact your landlord or housing association to discuss your needs with them.

If you live in a housing association property and feel your home is no longer suitable, you may also consider a tenant transfer.

Help for home owners

If you own your home or have a mortgage on it, you may also be entitled to financial assistance which includes a Disabled Facilities Grant.

For minor repairs and adaptations, you might want to consider using our Handyperson+ service (over 65s only) or for larger changes you could be eligible for a Healthy Homes Loan.

To find out more about any aspect of home adaptations, please contact us using the details below.

Heating and Energy

If you are having difficulty heating your home or want to make savings on your energy bills, visit our keeping warm at home web pages.

If this page doesn't answer all of your questions, please contact us using the details below.