Coronavirus - If you are a resident and need support relating to COVID-19 please call our Help Hub on 01603 430431 — We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits by pre-appointment. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Housing with support

Sheltered housing

Sheltered housing is rented accommodation available for those aged over 55 who have low to medium support needs. This is different to Housing with Care.

Please note that if you are an owner occupier you will normally be expected to sell your property to pay for your sheltered housing rent.

You may prefer to consider buying a retirement property instead. This will give you more choice and secure your capital. Find out more on the Age UK website.

You can search for retirement housing in your preferred area by going onto the Rightmove website, going through the search options and then selecting ‘Retirement Housing’ as a filter on the left hand side. Retirement housing tends to be significantly cheaper than other market homes but there will also be service charges so it advisable to speak to the seller about these.

To find out about how to apply for rented sheltered accommodation or for further advice, please contact us using the details below.