The Why Weight? scheme is a twelve week local weight management programme that helps you better understand your relationship with food. We are also developing an online support group for people wanting to achieve a healthy weight and improve their fitness. The programme is not about dieting but about making lifestyle changes.
The weight management scheme is ideal if you are over 16 and have a BMI over 25. Each group session covers a different theme and lasts for one and a half hours.
Please note - we have a new programme starting on Monday 24 September 2018 at Carrowbreck House in Hellesdon. Please view our Why Weight leaflet for more details.
To find out more about our online support group, please visit our Why Weight Facebook page.
The 12 week programme will include:
- easy techniques to help you to change your lifestyle to lose weight without calorie counting
- friendly group sessions to share ideas and experiences
- learning behaviours to change eating habits
- learning tips and tricks to help you make healthier choices
- how to increase physical activity levels
- information on accessing physical activity
- Per session £6
- Twelve weeks in advance £50
Please contact us to find out where and when the next sessions will be and to get signed up. We are happy to answer any questions you might have and can take advance payments over the phone.