Planning Obligations (Section 106 Agreements)

Developers or landowners may be asked to provide contributions for infrastructure in several ways.  This may be using the Community Infrastructure Levy or planning obligations, which include Section 106 Agreements (under the Town and Country Planning Act) and Section 278 Agreements (under the Highways Act). In addition, developers will have to comply with any conditions attached to the related planning application.

These obligations are legal agreements which are negotiated between us and a developer or landowner as part of their planning application.  You can read any of the Section 106 Agreements in force in Broadland by looking them up by the parish where the development was or is going to be built.