How to make your application
You can submit your application online via the Planning Portal. This allows you to send attachments electronically and pay online via a secure link to the Council's online payments webpage.
You will need to
- provide your name and address
- select the relevant planning application type
- upload necessary documents including maps
- have a debit or credit card to pay the relevant fee
Alternatively, you can download a paper planning application form and send it back to us at the address below together with necessary documents.
It helps us process your application more quickly and easily if you submit your application fully using only one method.
Notification for Prior Approval for Proposed Larger Home Extension
You cannot make this type of application via the planning portal so please download the relevant forms you require and return them to the address below.
Other specific planning applications
Check the list of consent types that can only be applied for on paper, download the relevant forms you require and return them to the address below.
Business and Planning Act 2020 for extending planning permissions and listed building consents
The Business and Planning Act 2020 temporarily modified the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 to enabled certain planning permissions and listed building consents in England which have lapsed or were due to lapse from 23 March 2020 to 31 December 2020 to be extended to 1 May 2021. These provisions came into force on 19 August 2020. Further details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/extension-of-certain-planning-permissions-draft-guidance/extension-of-certain-planning-permissions-draft-guidance
- Applications which are automatically extended to 1 May 2021
- All listed building applications expiring during this period have been automatically extended to 1 May 2021.
- Outline applications which require reserved matters to be submitted between 23 March 2020 and 31 December 2020. These have been automatically extended to 1 May 2021
- Outline applications which require development to begin between 19 August 2020 and 31 December 2020. These have been automatically extended to 1 May 2021
- Unimplemented planning permissions with time limits for implementation which were due to lapse between 19 August 2020 and 31 December 2020. These have been automatically extended to 1 May 2021.
For all other applications expiring during this period an application for “Additional Environmental Approval” should have been submitted by 2 December 2020 and determined by 31 December 2020.