Coronavirus — We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Street lighting

Report a faulty street light

There are two types of street light:

Footway lights - these are small columns that light residential roads and foot paths

Highway lights - these are larger columns that light larger roads and highways

Broadland District Council maintains footway lights in the following parishes only:

  • Drayton
  • Freethorpe
  • Great Witchingham
  • Hellesdon
  • Wroxham

To report a fault with a Broadland District Council footway light, please email Suffolk Highways the following information:

  • Parish
  • Street
  • Column number (normally visible on the column)
  • Location (e.g. outside 88)

Footway lights in parishes other than those listed above are maintained by the Parish Council concerned