Annual check of the electoral register
Every August we are required to carry out an annual canvass of the electoral register. We send a Household Enquiry Form (HEF) to every household in the district. This form lists everyone currently registered to vote at the property.
It is a legal requirement to respond to the HEF even if there is no change to the information.
To save us sending costly reminders, please respond as soon possible to:
- confirm that the details of those people living at your address and registered to vote are correct
- tell us about anyone new (including anyone aged 16 or 17)
- delete anyone no longer living at the address
- inform us there are no changes
How to respond to your Household Enquiry Form (HEF)
If all the details on your form are correct and nothing has changed, please respond preferably using the HEF Response website, or text or freephone using the details on your form.
To report changes to your HEF you will need
- to read the instructions on your form
- the date of birth and National Insurance number of anybody new
Please note that if you add someone onto the form they will still need to register to vote on the government website or complete a paper application formStart now
You can also reply using the pre-paid envelope provided with your form.