Environmental Contracts Assistant (Apprentice)
Starting salary £14,600 per annum
2 year fixed term contract
A fantastic opportunity to join a customer focused, caring and innovative Council supporting the environmental contracts team to keep the district clean and pleasant.
As Environmental Contracts Apprentice at Broadland, you will be involved in and gain experience in a wide range of duties within the contracts team. This team manages a variety of contracts including waste collection, street cleansing, grounds maintenance, street name plates, footway lighting, stray dogs and public conveniences.
This will be a challenging and exciting role; the successful applicant’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing first response to web, email and telephone enquiries and coordinate the appropriate response
- Liaising with contractors
- Investigating and resolving issues/complaints received from customers and contractors
- Administering environmental contracts
- Providing performance information, statistics and measures
- Organising and attending meetings; taking minutes
- Going on site to investigate issues and collate information where necessary
The apprenticeship will include studying for a Level 3 Business Administration qualification with Poultec.
The contracts team sits within the wider Environmental Protection team which includes recycling and environmental health officers and the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to learn about these areas of work.
Closing date: 9 am on Monday 26 February 2018
Assessment morning: Monday 5 March 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 7 March 2018