Work/life balance, holidays and sickness
We recognise that balancing work with a home life isn't always easy. We operate a flexible working hours scheme.
Within the hours of 8:00 and 18:00 you may choose your start and finish times after consultation with your manager.
A range of flexibilities are provided in our work/life balance policy and include compressed hours and a five hour minimum working day.
We have achieved:
- a 74% positive score for flexible working (The Sunday Times 2015 Survey)
- fifth place in the list of mid-size not-for-profit organisations for flexible working (The Sunday Times 2015 Survey)
- an award for the best balance between work and home life (The Sunday Times Best Councils to Work For 2008)
You will receive between 22 and 28 days holiday entitlement, depending on whether you have 5 years continuous service in Local Government.
There are 8 Bank Holidays in addition to this. For part-time staff these entitlements are pro rata.
Staff are also able to request to buy or sell up to one week's annual leave.
We have a positive expectation that you will have a responsible approach to your sickness absences. Our sickness scheme provides payment for sickness absence on a sliding scale depending on your length of service:
- 1 month to 6 months at full pay
- 2 months to 6 months at half pay