Home boarding licences

If you are paid to look after other people's dogs will require a home boarding licence, whether the dogs are there overnight or just during the day.

A number of conditions are attached to the licence which relate to the number of animals licensed to board at one time, provision of food and drink, prevention and control of disease or keeping of a register.

A licence is applied for and an officer carries out a visit to the home to check suitability. When you have met the conditions and paid the fee, the licence is then issued. Licences run from 1 January to 31 December and need renewing annually.

Cost: £69.00

How to apply

Please fill in and send us an application form, together with a cheque made payable to Broadland District Council. Our contact details are below.