Creating postal addresses

Change, remove or add a house name to your address

Changing the name of your property, adding a name to a numbered property or removing a house name completely can be carried out for you free of charge. If you are a resident of Broadland District Council, please contact us using the details below.

Please note that once a property has been allocated a number, a name cannot be used instead of that number. You can use the name alongside the number, but the official address will only use the number.

The new house name cannot be the same or very similar to that of any other property in the same parish. Please check any proposed name with us or Royal Mail, using the details below.

If you don't own the property we will require written/emailed consent from the owner before we can make any changes to the address. Please read our House and Street Naming policy.