Broadland District Council is made up of 47 Members representing 27 wards.
Currently there are 41 Conservative Members and 5 Liberal Democrat Members and there is currently one vacancy in the ward of Aylsham.
Councillor Andrew Proctor is the Leader of the Council and the Leader of the ruling Conservative Group.
The Leader is appointed by Council at its Annual General Meeting in May. He has overall political management of the Council and is responsible for the co-ordination of the functions of the Cabinet.
Cabinet is made up of six Members (including the Leader) who hold separate Portfolios.
At Broadland the six Portfolios and their holders are:
- Policy - Councillor Andrew Proctor
- Economic Development - Councillor Stuart Clancy
- Environmental Excellence - Councillor John Fisher
- Communities and Housing - Councillor Roger Foulger
- Planning - Councillor Shaun Vincent
- Finance - Councillor Trudy Mancini-Boyle
These Portfolios all link directly to the Aims and Ambitions of the Council, which are set out in the Broadland Business Plan.