Broadland District Council is made up of 47 Members representing 27 wards.
Currently there are 41 Conservative Members and 6 Liberal Democrat Members.
Councillor Shaun Vincent was elected Leader of the Council on 12 July 2018. He replaced Councillor Andrew Proctor who stepped down from this role following his election as Leader of Norfolk County Council.
The Leader is normally appointed by Council at its Annual General Meeting in May. He has overall political management of the Council and is responsible for the co-ordination of the functions of the Cabinet.
Cabinet is made up of seven Members (including the Leader) who hold separate Portfolios.
At Broadland the seven Portfolios and their holders are:
- Policy - Councillor Shaun Vincent
- Economic Development - Councillor Jo Copplestone
- Environmental Excellence - Councillor John Fisher
- Communities and Housing - Councillor Roger Foulger
- Planning - Councillor Ian Moncur
- Finance - Councillor Trudy Mancini-Boyle
- Transformation - Councillor Greg Peck
These Portfolios all link directly to the Aims and Ambitions of the Council, which are set out in the Broadland Business Plan.