Coronavirus - If you are a resident and need support relating to COVID-19 please call our Help Hub on 01603 430431 — We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits by pre-appointment. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Report a change which may affect your benefit

Whilst you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you must tell us about any changes that may affect your claim. You are responsible for telling us about these changes within one month of the change.

You can tell us by contacting the Benefits team directly using the details at the bottom of the page. 

Please provide as much information as possible, it is important that you also provide any supporting evidence you have for the change. If you would like help to understand what information you need to provide please call a member of the Benefits team. 

If you have moved home (change of address), or your income has changed (change of income), please complete and return one of these forms:

Examples of changes we need to know about, for you or anyone in your household, include (but are not limited to):

  • your rent has changed
  • you have moved home
  • your wages or hours worked have changed (includes any bonuses, overtime, changes to tax etc)
  • you have lost your job
  • you have started a new job
  • your other benefits have changed
  • you have any other income and this has changed
  • someone has moved in or out of your household (includes if you have had a baby, or someone has died)
  • you open or close a bank account
  • your capital increases to over £6,000, or £10,000 if you are of pensionable age
  • your capital increases to over £16,000
  • anything else you have declared on your form has changed