Apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a new single payment which replaces Housing Benefit and other income benefits.

Depending on your personal circumstances you may need to make an application for Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit.

To see if you are eligible to apply you can contact us or visit the Government's Universal Credit website.

If you are eligible to apply for Universal Credit then your housing costs will be met by this award. You will still need to complete our form to apply for Council Tax Reduction in order to get help with the cost of your Council Tax.