Council Tax bands and charges

Appealing against your band

You might be able to challenge your Council Tax band if you think it's wrong, but you need to continue paying your Council Tax while your appeal is dealt with. You will be entitled to a refund of any overpayment if your appeal is successful.

Challenge your Council Tax band online

Please be aware that the banding can go up as well as down as a result of formally challenging your Council Tax band.

If the Valuation Office Agency agrees that your property is in the wrong band they will notify Broadland District Council and you will receive an amended Council Tax bill based on the revised revaluation.

Companies who offer to try to get your Council Tax band reduced

These companies will normally charge an upfront fee for this service. Please be aware that you can appeal against the banding free of charge directly with the Valuation Office Agency.