Items that cannot go in your green bin
If you would like to be notified of bin collection changes in the future, due to either bank holidays or bad weather, please sign up to email alerts at the bottom of this page. We will only use your information for the purposes you have supplied it for.
Your green coloured bin is for all your general household waste, except the following:
- stones or brick rubble
- recyclable material
- DIY material
- paint, chemicals or oil
- hot ashes - including BBQ ash
- commercial and industrial waste
- poisonous or noxious waste
- clinical waste - a free service is provided for this
- garden waste - a chargeable service is provided for this
- scrap metal
Any waste that won’t fit in your wheelie bin will not be collected.
You can try taking some waste to your local Household Waste Recycling Centre.
If you regularly produce extra waste you can always contact the Environmental Contracts team for guidance on how could reduce this.