Our main office (Thorpe Lodge) opening times
|Monday 23rd||Open 8.30 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday 24th||Closed from 12pm|
|Wednesday 25th||Closed all day|
|Thursday 26th||Closed all day|
|Friday 27th||Closed all day|
|Saturday 28th||Closed all day|
|Sunday 29th||Closed all day|
|Monday 30th||Open 8.30 am - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday 31st||Open 8.30 am - 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday 1st||CLOSED all day|
|Thursday 2nd||Open 8.30 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday 3rd||Open 8.30 am - 5:00 pm|
|week commencing 6th January||back to normal opening hours|
For our homelessness out of hours service please contact us using the details below.
There's lots happening in the Broadland area over the festive period. Visit our what's on at Christmas page to find out more.
Please note there are no garden waste (brown bin) collections between 20 December and 5 January. The changes below will affect green, grey, and food bins
|Normal collection day||Bank holiday Collection day|
|Monday 23rd December||Saturday 21st December (two days earlier)|
|Tuesday 24th December||Monday 23rd December (one day earlier)|
|Wednesday 25th December||Tuesday 24th December (one day earlier)|
|Thursday 26th December||Friday 27th December (one day later)|
|Friday 27th December||Saturday 28th December (one day later)|
|Monday 30th December||Monday 30th December (same as usual)|
|Tuesday 31st December||Tuesday 31st December (same as usual)|
|Wednesday 1st January||Thursday 2nd January (one day later)|
|Thursday 2nd January||Friday 3rd January (one day later)|
|Friday 3rd January||Saturday 4th January (one day later)|
|Monday 6th January||All collections back to normal|
To find out when your bin will next be collected you can use our bin day finder.
Tips for a green Christmas
Every Christmas a huge amount of waste is created, but with a little planning this can be easily reduced, reused or recycled. We may have a white Christmas this year but we can help you make it a green one with our festive tips and advice.
- think ahead and plan only the food you’ll need for both Christmas and New Year
- use leftover items for your New Year recipes and save money - you can find ideas on the Love Food Hate Waste website
- buy loose fruit and vegetables, preferably in season, and only buy what you need
- compost your peelings in your home composter or put them in the food waste bin if we provide this service in your area
- don't forget to recycle your rinsed plastic bottles over Christmas by putting them in your grey bin. If everyone in the UK recycled one more plastic bottle it would stop nearly 400 cars worth of CO2 getting into our atmosphere.
- keep your Christmas decorations and use these again and again - buying new decorations can be expensive
- encourage children to get into the Christmas spirit by donating unwanted toys and items to charity
- send e-cards as it's much cheaper and better for the environment
- limit your buying of mixed chocolates in plastic tubs and metal tins as these containers are not recyclable unless you put them in special containers at recycling centres
Find out what Christmas waste you can and can't recycleand find out what you can put in your bins for all other rubbish. The Household Waste Recycling Centres at Strumpshaw, Mile Cross and Mayton Wood Centres will be open every day, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, from 09:00 am to 4:00 pm.