senior rail card
Senior Railcards are available to purchase for all people aged 60 and over. Senior Railcard holders save 1/3 on standard and first class rail fares for a 12 month period on most rail journeys. The cost of a Senior Railcard can be easily recovered from the savings that can be made on the cost of train tickets.
what to do next...
- For more information on Senior Railcards and current prices see the Senior Railcard website
- To buy or renew your Senior Railcard you will need a valid passport or UK driving licence to prove that you are eligible (or birth certificate if applying in person)
ways to buy
- In person - At a staffed station ticket office at train stations in the region. You can buy a Senior Railcard on the day you are travelling
- By phone - Telephone National Rail on 0844 871 4036. Lines open between 7am and 10pm every day except Christmas Day. Calls charged at the national rate
- Online - Visit the Senior Railcard website to buy online
You can get a discount on the cost of your Senior Railcard in a number of ways:
3 year railcard - Buy a 3 year railcard online at a discounted rate, saving on the cost of three 1 year railcards
Buy or renew online - Promotional codes are often available to get discounts when buying or renewing your railcard online - use code SENIOR10 to get a 10% discount
Tesco Clubcard - Senior Railcard can often be exchanged for Tesco Clubcard vouchers. Check Tesco Clubcard deals for more information
Senior Railcard holders are also eligible for 'Railcard Rewards' - a range of offers on days out, lifestyle, dining, theatre and travel that make railcards even better value. Details can be found on the Senior Railcard website in the Members Area.