contact us

page image of a model house
planning application forms and guidance

This page contains information and guidance about the constituent parts of a planning application.

Your planning application should include:

  • Three copies of plans and diagrams
  • A Design & Access Statement (if relevant)
  • Any other relevant supporting information required for the type of application
  • Three copies of the plans and supporting information are needed for consultations with various statutory and other bodies (one copy is kept by a Planning Officer and becomes the working file)

what to do next...

further information

If the development involves a Listed Building or demolition in a Conservation Area, further application forms may need to be completed.

Your application, plans and any documents or comments you send us are part of the public record and will be available for any member of the public to see or have copies of. They will also be scanned and placed on our website.

application forms and guidance


agricultural and forestry development

approval of details reserved by condition

demolition - conservation area

demolition prior notification

full planning

hedgerow removal

householder planning

lawful development

listed buildings

non-material amendments

outline applications and reserved matters

telecommunications development

trees - works to protected trees

variation or removal of condition

external links

planning portal

contact us

Planning Administration
Broadland District Council
Thorpe Lodge
1 Yarmouth Road
Thorpe St Andrew
Norwich NR7 0DU
tel: 01603 430509
fax: 01603 430591