growth triangle area action plan
An Area Action Plan is being produced by the Council, which will set out how the area to the north east of Norwich known as the Growth Triangle should grow and develop over the next 15 years and beyond. Eventually the plan will become part of the planning policies for Broadland.
The Council is currently undertaking a public and stakeholder consultation exercise which asks for peoples’ views on different options for the policies and proposals that should be contained within the Area Action Plan. The consultation finishes on Monday 10 June 2013.
Find out how to respond to this consultation, below:
what to do next...
There are different ways in which you can read the consultation document and send us your views. You can:
- Visit our online Consultation Portal to read and make comments online on the Area Action Plan - Options document.
- Download the consultation document and/or the response form from the documents section at the bottom of this page.
- View the documents at libraries in Broadland or at the Millennium Library in Norwich.
- View the documents at the following locations around the Growth Triangle
- Old Catton Parish Council offices (open 9.00-12.00, Monday-Friday - contact 01603 423880 in advance, as the display may be inaccessible at certain times)
- Sprowston Diamond Centre, School Lane, Sprowston (open 9.30-1.00 and 2.00-4.30, Monday-Friday)
- Dussindale Centre, Thorpe St. Andrew (open 9.30-1.00 and 2.00-4.00 Monday to Thursday, and 9.00–12.00 Friday)
- If you wish to talk with a Council officer about this consultation, you can call the Spatial Planning Team on (01603) 430567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the Council offices to meet with an officer or visit on of our drop-in surgeries around the Growth Triangle. See further details below.
- A series of Area Action Plan workshops will also take in April 2013, aimed at residents within the area. A schedule of these workshops, with information on how to book a place, can be found here: area based workshops
It is intended that the Growth Triangle will accommodate a minimum of 7,000 new homes by 2026, rising to at least 10,000 thereafter, alongside additional areas for employment. These homes are being planned as part of mixed use communities which include a range of infrastructure, services and employment opportunities. Important habitats and other environmental assets within this area will also be preserved and enhanced. The area proposals for the Eco-community at Rackheath and development to the north of Sprowston and Old Catton by Beyond Green lie within the area identified as the Growth Triangle.
The ongoing production of the Area Action Plan is dependent upon the parts of the Joint Core Strategy relating to the Growth Triangle being found sound through Independent Examination and subsequently being adopted as planning policy.
Drop-in surgeries will be at the following locations and times throughout the consultation period. If you have any queries or questions about the Area Action Plan and the Growth Triangle, please pop in for a chat with a Council officer:
Old Catton Parish Council offices - Tuesday 2 and 9 April, between 9.30am and 12.30pm
Dussindale Centre, Thorpe St. Andrew - Friday 5 and Monday 8 April, between 1.30 and 4.30pm
Rackheath Holy Trinity Church - Wednesday 3 and 10 April, between 1.30 and 4.30pm
Sprowston Diamond Centre - Thursday 4 and 11 April, between 9.30am and 12.30pm
|Spatial Planning Team|
Broadland District Council
1 Yarmouth Road
Thorpe St Andrew
Norwich NR7 0DU#
|tel: 01603 430567|