permitted development rights
You can make certain types of minor changes to your home without needing to apply for planning permission. These rights are called "permitted development rights". In certain cases when planning permission is granted sometimes permitted development rights are removed and/or conditions may apply to the permission which can restrict permitted development rights. Please check the original planning permission for the dwelling.
The are significant changes to what is considered as "permitted development" from 1 October 2008.
what to do next...
- Contact the Planning Department
- Visit the Planning Portal if you would like:
- To find out if you require planning permission for a project or not (please note that permitted development rights may have been taken away - check the original planning permission for the site for restrictions)
- To apply for planning permission if required, and pay for it online
- Fill out the Form 12 'Do I need Planning Permission' questionnaire (below), and post to the Planning Department
|Broadland District Council
1 Yarmouth Road
Thorpe St Andrew
Norwich NR7 0DU
|tel: 01603 430509|
|fax: 01603 430591|