Broadland offers residents a subscription service for garden waste. For the current prices see the fees and charges page. Your first payment will depend on how many collections are left in the current year. You will receive a brown bin and a collection calendar, your bin will be emptied fortnightly 25 times per year. Please note there are no garden waste collections for the two weeks over Christmas and the New Year.
The following can be put in your brown bin:
- Hedge clippings
- Cut flowers
- Twigs and small branches
- Grass cuttings
- Shrub prunings
- Vegetable gardening waste - potato tops
We cannot accept the following:
- Bagged garden waste
- Food waste - meat, fruit and vegetables, liquids, teabags, eggshells
- Paper, packaging or card
- Large items of garden waste - tree trunks
Please put your brown bin on the boundary of your property closest to the highway by 7.00am on your collection day. We do not accept extra garden waste, all waste should be put in your bin loose and the lid should be closed.
We do offer the option to have an additional brown bin if required at an additional cost. If you do not produce much garden waste you can share a brown bin with your neighbour.
Your collected garden waste is taken to Marsham in Norfolk where it is composted into mulches and garden improvers.
what to do next...
- Contact the Environmental Contracts Team to join the scheme and for additional information and advice
- Use the Garden Waste Collection day finder to find out what day your bin is emptied (if you are already a member of the scheme)
- See the garden waste calendars below for week 1 and week 2 collection dates
- See the Garden Waste Scheme FAQs page for further information
paying your garden waste invoice - annual invoice
- You can pay for your invoice online using our secure online payment system
- You can sign up for paperless billing to receive a pdf attachment of your invoice by email.
|Environmental Contracts Team|
Broadland District Council
1 Yarmouth Road
Thorpe St Andrew
Norwich NR7 0DU
|tel: 01603 430534|
|fax: 01603 430616|