recycling and rubbish collections
Broadland collects recycling and rubbish on alternate weeks for our residents. Your grey recycling bin is collected one week and your green rubbish bin is collected the next.
Some of our residents also receive a food waste collection which is collected weekly.
When is my bin day?
what to do next...
- Find out how your recycling is sorted at the recycling plant (MRF) in Costessey
- Use the refuse and recycling collection day finder to find out when your refuse and recycling bins will be emptied
- See the calendars below for week 1 and week 2 collection dates and further service information
- See the domestic bins FAQs and bins - what can and can't go in pages for further information
- Contact the Environmental Contracts Team for further advice, or if you have any questions relating to waste disposal in Broadland
Broadland residents can also subscribe to our garden waste service. If you choose to use this chargeable service, your brown garden bin is collected fortnightly. Find out more on the garden waste collection page.
Making sure your bin gets emptied
On your collection days, please put your bins or collection containers on the boundary of your property that is closest to the highway. All lids should be closed.
We do not accept extra rubbish, garden waste or food waste left next to your bins, please make sure it is placed inside the bin and the lid is closed. We can accept extra recycling, please put it in a cardboard box next to your grey recycling bin for collection, please make sure that all your glass is put inside your bin.
Bins that weigh over 80kg cannot be emptied safely by our collection crews.
|Environmental Contracts Team|
Broadland District Council
1 Yarmouth Road
Thorpe St Andrew
Norwich NR7 0DU
|tel: 01603 430534|
|fax: 01603 430616|