contact us

woman with phone headset on
health and safety

Our environmental Health Officers offer and provide information and advice to businesses and the public on all aspects of health and safety legislation and good practice. This is available via telephone, email, in person during routine visits to the workplace or in the form of information leaflets.

Additionally, they have a legal duty to:

  • Investigate accidents and complaints regarding workplace health, safety and welfare;
  • Enforce the Health & Safety at Work legislation in retailers, wholesalers, offices, catering premises, leisure services and consumer services - click here for full details;
  • Enforce the Smoke-Free legislation in public places.

If you have witnessed an issue with a Broadland business you can make a breach of health and safety or smoke-free regulations complaint.

The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) carry out a similar service in manufacturing, health, construction, agriculture, education sectors and work carried out in domestic properties.